The great Mark Twain reminds us that we should take our brains out once in a while and stomp on them because they get all caked up. Let’s stomp!
I’m a firm believer in the value of asking brain-shaking questions at least twice a year. Since the first half of 2018 is history, now is a great time to ponder the following 18 questions… half reflect back on the months past, and half look ahead.
Relish these questions, add more, journal answers to them on your own, or share with others.
Reviewing the past six months….
- What has been the very best thing about this year so far for you?
- What new skills or talents did you discover in yourself?
- What projects made you feel most alive and why?
- What are the greatest family experiences you enjoyed?
- What work contributions do you feel most proud of?
- What did you do that most contribute to your personal mission and vision?
- What’s the most meaningful thing you did for the three people you love the most?
- What was the biggest risk you took and how did it turn out?
- What obsolete goals are you willing to let go of now?
Fast-forwarding the next six months…
- If you could write one news headline about you and make it come true, what would it be?
- What will be your number one focus during these next six months?
- What would you have to believe about yourself to make the coming months your best ever?
- What limiting beliefs would be useful to drop?
- What new or neglected old hobby would you like to experience?
- What are three ways you can work more productively while reducing frustration and stress?
- How will you help others to be more successful?
- What BHAP (“Big Hairy Audacious Project”) could you create that would transform your team or company?
- What “Super Hero skills” would accelerate your success?
Now, with fresh insights bubbling in your brain, identify some transformative action items. Get moving, so that the last half of 2018 is your most enjoyable, productive, and loving season of your life.
To learn the 4 Cornerstone Questions that result in transformational projects in work and life, click here to register for my one hour Project Super Power System training at no cost.
Terry Schmidt is a business strategist, keynoter, author of Strategic Project Management Made Simple, and chief honcho at ManagementPro.com. He helps leaders at all levels to develop the skill set and mindset to accomplish outstanding results.
One thought on “18 Transformational Questions for your Mid-Year Career and Life Review”
I may not be your closest friend, but we have been friends for a long time and will remain friends forever. Fanchon Wiley Queena